Art at Zero KM Summer Residency Workshop For Young Artists
Invorio [Italy] 1/22 July 2012
Deadline: 20 May 2012
Application Fee: none
Registration: from 20 January to 20 May 2012
Dates: 1 - 22 July 2012
Tutors: Elizabeth Aro, Silvia Levenson, Guido Anderloni, Natalia Saurin
The Art at Zero KM project is an artist residency organized by Big Bang Cultural Association with the support of the CARIPLO foundation.
The Art at Zero KM project is envisioned as the starting point for the development and enhancement of individual creative skills and as a tool aimed at supporting and sustaining the work of young, emerging artists. During three weeks a group of young artists will share an intense period of creative living and production; participation to workshops and laboratories; creations of new works and meetings with critics and curators. At the end of the residency an exhibition will be organized to give visibility to the young participants' artistic journey and work.
The workshop/residency will take place from July 1 to July 22. The selected artists will lodge at Cascina Comperto in double rooms. Conviviality among the artists is an important aspect of the project. Housing and food are catered for by the organizers, while the costs for realizing the art pieces are to be met by the artists themselves. To work, artists can use the common spaces in the Cascina as well as the surrounding natural spaces. Formative meetings with personalities from the arts world will take place during the residency.
AIMS OF THE PROJECT:
- Enhance the formation of young artists and facilitate their introduction into the art world - Realize art works and site specific installations as an integral part of the residency
- Present the final pieces with a final exhibition
- Publish a catalogue with the pieces
- Enrich the participants' relational portfolio by creating links with critics, gallery owners and other public and private institutions.
The residency is free of charge and is intended for 8 artists between the ages of 20 and 35 who intend to work in a natural context and to develop projects connected to folk, cultural, landscapist memory of the surrounding territory. The students or young artists interested in participating will have to submit their application by 20 MAY 2012.
- application form
- artistic CV
- motivation letter
- a portfolio in pdf format with 10 images (72 dpi)
- a copy of a valid ID Participation to the residency entails automatic consensus to the reproduction of the chosen art pieces and of those that will be realized in the course of the residency. These may be used for publications of a documentary or promotional nature connected to the residency.
Applications can be made by email to email@example.com from 20 January and 20 May 2012 (applications after this date will not be received).
The selected artists will be contacted by email on the addresses indicated on their application forms. Their only charges will be to confirm the availability for the entire duration of the residency.
For more information: