Arles Photography Open Salon at Galerie Huit
Theme: An Eye for an Ear
Prizes: + 11 week exhibition in Arles, + exhibition in South East Asia in 2013, + entry in catalogue book, + Artist Residency in Arles.
Exhibition dates: 02 Jul – 23 Sept 2012 Arles and Jan-Feb 2013 South East Asia.
Deadline: 25 April 2012
Application fee: £45 for 8 images
Further information: Arles Photography Open Salon at Galerie Huit http://www.photographyopensalon.com
Open Call for an exceptional opportunity for photographers to exhibit in Arles and have exposure for almost 3 months, during and alongside the renowned Les Rencontres d’Arles festival, in the magnificent settings of Galerie Huit. Arles is the highlight of the international photography calendar, running from 2 July to 23 September 2012. In 2011 festival attendees were estimated at 84,000, including prominent collectors, curators, gallerists, artists, publishers and photographers from around the world. As part of the same entry the selected artists will also be showcased in an exhibition in South East Asia in early 2013.
The theme of this year’s Photography Open Salon 2012 is ‘An Eye for an Ear‘
Arles Photography Open Salon at Galerie Huit http://www.photographyopensalon.com/ is an International Photography Open Call designed to showcase cutting-edge contemporary and emerging photography from around the world, promote new work by talented artists enabling them to exhibit and give them exposure during and alongside the renowned international photography festival Les Rencontres d’Arles in 2012, as well as in South-East Asia in 2013.
In 2011, Artists from 52 countries participated and 112 Artists from 32 countries were showcased in Arles, France in 2011 as well as in Penang, Malaysia in early 2012.
This year Arles exhibition will run from 2nd Jul - 23rd Sep 2012. Exhibition in South East Asian will be in early 2013.
This year we are looking to showcase critically and aesthetically challenging innovative work on the theme 'An Eye for an Ear'. We welcome any responses and interpretations on this theme. Some guidance and possible interpretations of the theme on http://www.photographyopensalon.com/?page_id=7878
The the final line up for 2012 judging panel will be announced on the website.
The exhibition is curated by Vanja Karas.
Audience and Exposure
The exhibited Artists will be given the opportunity to have their work seen in 2012 for almost 3 months by many prominent international industry professionals who attend Les Rencontres d’Arles every year. In 2011 attendees were estimated at 84,000, including prominent collectors, curators, gallerists, artists, publishers and photographers from around the world. In addition the selected artist will be exhibited in South East Asia in early 2013. The 2011 Arles exhibition was showcased earlier this year in Penang, Malaysia for 4 weeks.
Prizes, Awards and Opportunities
Awards will be granted in recognition of the photographer’s contribution to the art of photography in the areas of creativity, conceptual strength and technical skill.
- Winning images will be showcased and offered for sale for almost 3 months in Galerie Huit Arles from 2nd Jul until 23rd Sep 2012 during and alongside the renowned international photography festival 'Les Rencontres d’Arles' in France
- In addition a selection of works will be exhibited and offered for sale in early 2013 in Photography Open Salon South-East Asia.
- The winning selection of images selected for the exhibition will be printed by Photography Open Salon, at the size determined by Photography Open Salon, due to the constraints of the Galerie Huit unusual walls and varied installation spaces. Artists also have the option to send their own prints as long as they are the specified size.
- The exhibited images will be offered for sale. The photographers will receive 50% of the sale proceeds if their work is sold.
- The Artists selected to exhibit will be featured on our website http://www.photographyopensalon.com/
- The exhibited Artists will also feature in the book catalogue ‘An Eye for and Ear’ Arles Photography Open Salon 2012
- Main Prize for the overall winner: One month Artist Residency with Galerie Huit in Arles
Submission requirements, Format and Size for Submissions
Open to all, the applicants can be at any stage of their career.
Each entry must be a JPG image not more than 1024 pixels on the longest side and not more than 1MB in size. Images must be saved as familyname_name_imagenumber i.e smith_john_o1.jpg.
The short listed artists will then be asked to submit high resolution images which will be printed by the Photography Open Salon at a size determined by the Photography Open Salon. Artists retain copyright for all their work.
Entries for Arles Photography Open Salon 2012 are now open for submissions more details on our website http://www.photographyopensalon.com/. If you are having any questions or difficulties entering your submission please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org