Call for applications:
Funen Art Academy seeks professor
Application deadline: 19 August 2013
Funen Art Academy is looking for a visual artist to fill a professorial position. The applicant can work in any type of media, but needs the ability to relate to and be interested in a variety of contemporary artistic positions.
We are looking for:
● An active visual artist with solid international experience and a widespread international network
● Teaching experience and an ambitious and visionary approach to arts education
● The interest in and willingness to contribute to the continued development of the artistic and educational profile of Funen Art Academy in close cooperation with students and the faculty
● The ability to teach in English
● Flexibility and a collaborative spirit
● Planning and carrying out teaching in the form of workshops and studio visits (these forms are flexible and the formats are to be defined by each professor)
● Guidance and tutorial of a wide spectrum of students
● Participation in monthly staff and planning meetings, study trips, admission and evaluations
The teaching is primarily carried out in English, thus knowledge of Danish is not necessary.
Funen Art Academy is an independent and internationally recognised art school offering a 5-year education in contemporary artistic practices at a highly specialised level. The school is intimate in size ranging from 60-70 students and is located approximately an hour’s train ride from Copenhagen. We are internationally oriented and put great emphasis on an experimental approach to arts teaching and on maintaining a close-knit and non-hierarchical community of students and teachers. We strive to provide students with the best foundation possible for the development of a professional and critical artistic practice in a globalised world. Funen Art Academy does not have departments, and encourages collaboration crossing media boundaries and study years. Funen Art Academy is not part of the bologna process. We do not charge a tuition fee and students are entitled to receive SU (a study grant from the Danish State Education Grant and Loan Scheme).
Conditions of employment:
The position is available for a six-year period from 1 February 2014 until 31 January 2020, and is awarded with 238.140 DKK annually (salary regulated on an annual basis). This equals 15 hours of teaching, guidance, and preparation on a weekly basis throughout the study year, which goes from 1 October until 15 June. We offer great flexibility as to how and when teaching can be planned. Funen Art Academy encourages diversity and welcomes all applicants to apply.
Applications should consist of a motivated statement containing a description of previous teaching experience and a statement of your approach to art education. Furthermore an outline for two proposed workshops, a portfolio, and curriculum vitae with contact details of two references (preferably submitted as one pdf) is to be sent by e-mail before Tuesday 19 August, 2013, 12 o’clock local Danish time to email@example.com with the subject: “professor”.
Candidates called for an interview will be contacted via email or telephone as soon as possible.
Interview date: 9 September 2013
If certain material needs to be submitted by post please make contact beforehand.
We suggest that all applicants read our Study Plan, which is available for download on our website:
For further information please contact:
Rector Stine Hebert Phone
Funen Art Academy
Brandts Passage 2
5000 Odense C