Rent free space and grants of £5,000 for UK artists
Deadline: 31st October, 2014
Application fee: none
Acme's work/live programme at the Fire Station is one of the most directly supportive schemes for artists in the United Kingdom, providing combined studio and living space at low rents as well as special bursaries: rent free space and grants of £5,000/year, worth over £30,000.
The former fire station was bought in 1997 and converted with funding from the National Lottery and other sources. Restored and developed to provide 12 purpose-designed work/live and six non-residential studios, these units were developed in response to the lack of affordable space for artists to work and live in, and in particular, to the lack of studios properly accessible to disabled artists.
The fixed-term residency scheme is intended to allow artists more time to concentrate on the development of their work and professional careers, and less time working to survive.
Application for Programme 5 (2015-20)
Applications details will be available here from 15 September 2014.
Deadline for applications is 5pm, 31 October 2014.
You will be eligible for the residency scheme only if you satisfyall the following:
1. You work in fine art practice (e.g. painting, sculpture, print-making, fine art photography, installation, performance, multi-media, video and time-based work).
2. You are a British citizen (i.e. you are entitled to a United Kingdom Passport) or you have been resident in the United Kingdom for the past 5 years.
3. You are currently resident in the United Kingdom and have leave to remain in the UK for the full duration of the residency. (You will be asked for proof).
4. You will be aged 23 or over on 1st November 2014.
5. You are not in full-time education. Please note that you do not need to have attended an art course to be eligible for the programme.
6. You are willing and able to make a commitment to take up the residency scheme in full.
7. You have completed the application form in full and provided us with contact details of your independent referee.
8. You are able to attend for interview on any of the following dates: 14, 15, 16 January 2015. (Artists invited to interview will be informed as to which day and a time).