2015 Cheng Long Wetlands International Environmental Art Project in Taiwan
Deadline: January 16, 2015
Application fee: none
Artist in Residency/Call for Proposals)
Artists from all countries are invited to send a proposal for a large-scale site-specific outdoor environmental sculpture installation to be created during a 25-day residency in Cheng Long, a small coastal village in southwest Taiwan, working with elementary school students, residents and volunteers. The 6 selected artists will receive an artist’s fee of US$2,000, airfare, accommodations and meals; for more information visit http://artproject4wetland.wordpress.com
Theme for 2015: “Fragile – Handle with Care”
Residency in Cheng Long, Taiwan: April 9 - May 4, 2015
Deadline for Entries: January 16, 2015
To Apply: Send the following to Curator, Jane Ingram Allen at email@example.com Proposals in Chinese to Ms. Chao-Mei Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Description of proposed sculpture including dimensions and materials (limit one page, sent as attached .doc or .pdf file).
2. Artist Statement about how your art relates to the theme and including your experience working with children and communities and how you will involve them in your artwork (limit 1 page sent, as attached .doc or .pdf file).
3. Sketch of your proposed artwork (attached .jpg file of less than 1 MB).
4. 6 images of previous related works (6 attached .jpg files, each less than 1 MB)
5. Image list about the 6 images, including title of work, date made, materials used and location of the artwork (sent as attached .doc or .pdf file)
6. CV or Resume (sent as attached .doc or .pdf file) including present address, nationality, education, awards, residencies and exhibitions.