Expert Mentoring - Special Introductory Offer - only £35 per session
One-to-one mentoring for artists, filmmakers and creative organisations
"The genius is revealed not in absolute perfection of a work but in absolute fidelity to himself, in commitment to his own passion." Andrei Tarkovsky
For a limited time only, I am offering one-to-one mentoring for individuals and organisations at an introductory offer of £35* per session. This highly informative 45-minute session will take place by Skype at a time pre-arranged to suit you.
The one-to-one mentoring sessions are primarily suitable for:
- Artists and filmmakers of all levels (novice, hobbyist, emerging, professional);
- Artists of all disciplines and mediums (including inter/multi-disciplinary practitioners);
- Creative individuals and students who wish to work in the creative sector;
- Organisations looking to work with and/or commission artists or filmmakers.
Exploring a broad range of approaches and methods in relation to your needs, I offer my skills, knowledge and practical experience as a professional artist and filmmaker of ten years standing to inform and enable you to realise the full potential for your projects. Fully appreciating that each individual and organisation is unique, I provide a carefully tailored person-centred, proactive approach to developing your practice and/or business.
With an extensive track record, experiential insights and a clear understanding of the dynamic nature of being a self-employed practicing artist and filmmaker, I enable you to establish clarity in relation to your projects, long term goals and career trajectory. If your company or organisation is seeking to engage artists or filmmakers in a project that requires an imaginative approach, I will be happy to discuss your requirements in detail.
With a clear focus on embodying your personal values in your creative practice/business, I seek to ensure that you are able to interact with your audiences and project partners with integrity of vision, creating valuable legacy. Highly skilled at connecting and communicating with people, I have a unique ability to explore your concerns, translating these into manageable tasks. Enabling you to fulfil your potential, attain sustainability, save time, and utilise strategies to avoid pitfalls and mistakes that will take your projects and activities to the next level.
All matters discussed during the mentoring sessions will be kept private and treated with the strictest confidence. If you wish me to participate in your project in an advisory capacity I would be happy to discuss this with you.
My bespoke one-to-one mentoring sessions are designed to assist you by sharing my expert advice and strategic insights, allowing for you and/or your organisation to professionally develop, with a key focus on:
- Accessing useful contact networks/industry specialists (local, national, international);
- Approaching curators/distributors/festivals/galleries/venues;
- Funding (private/public, including Arts Council England grants), drafting bids/proposals, developing ideas, pitching/presentations;
- Filmmaking roles and responsibilities;
- Good practice (health and safety, insurance, taxation, invoicing);
- Identify opportunities for dissemination in cinematic, gallery and non-gallery environments;
- Portfolio critique and review (practical and theoretical);
- Management (events/exhibitions/films/projects/productions);
- Marketing (online/print) including - Self-promotion (CVs/statements, networking, social media, press interviews);
- Audience Development, R&D and Evaluation;
- Showcasing works via distribution/exhibitions/performances/screenings;
- Site-specific working and touring (nationally and internationally);
- Utilising key documentation (i.e. budgets, contracts, evaluation reports, film production forms, interpretive materials, participant surveys/release forms, press releases, SMART/SWOT analysis, technical specifications, tour packs).
Please contact me if you wish to book a mentoring session or require further information. (Early booking is highly recommended). I look forward to hearing from you.
Director, Kye Wilson Studio
An award winning visual artist and filmmaker with over a decade of professional experience, my solo and collaborative works have been exhibited, performed and screened nationally and internationally. I create diverse works including films, video art, immersive single/multi-screen video installations and inter/multi-disciplinary works that also include integrated live performances, in addition to making, photographic, site-specific, and live art works.
My achievements include an MA Fine Art (with distinction) from the University of Portsmouth and awards/commissions from Arts Council England, Festival of Video Art Kinolevchyk, Hayward Gallery, MADATAC - Contemporary Festival of New Media Arts and Advanced Audio Visual Technologies, National Museum of the Royal Navy and Portsmouth Festivities.
I have a comprehensive track record of delivering large-scale commissions and publicly funded projects demonstrating high quality, diverse community engagement.
Adept at securing funding for arts activities, films, participatory projects and events I have also successfully tendered projects for a variety of arts, film and corporate commissions. I offer master classes in relation to filmmaking, still and moving image, key artists/filmmakers/movements, site-specific working and fundraising. My mission is to enable individuals and companies to raise their aspirations, inspiring and igniting their respective interests and practices.
* Usual price of mentoring sessions over Skype is £45.