Beam Camp Seeks Proposals for Spectacular Projects
Deadline: January 8, 2016
Application fee: none
Worldwide call seeks ideas from Engineers, Architects, Designers, Sculptors, Builders, Technologists, Artists and Makers of all kinds
Past Project Images: http://beamcamp.org/projects/
Proposal Submission Info and Form: http://beamcamp.org/2016beamprojectproposal/
Beam Camp, a specialized summer camp for building and collaboration located in Strafford, NH, announces its annual international search to find its 2017 Beam Projects. The large-scale collaborative projects are realized by Beam campers, aged 10-17, and staff at the camp's 106-acre facility in Strafford, New Hampshire.
Projects are budgeted at $12,500. Winning designers receive a $3,000 honorarium, travel costs, and are invited to visit camp during the project's production.
Proposals can be submitted on the Beam Camp website until Sunday, January 8, 2017 with Semi-finalists notified on Sunday, January 18, 2017 and winners announced on Tuesday, January 31, 2017. (submission page: http://beamcamp.org/2016beamprojectproposal/)
Beam offers these prompts for proposals:
- Proposals from creative individuals with big ideas, including but not limited to Artists, Engineers, Architects, Builders, Filmmakers, Musicians, Designers, Technologists, etc.
- Big ideas that result in a unique, ambitious, and spectacular product
- Proposals that communicate a clear vision (sketches, diagrams, and other visuals are always helpful) and represent your/your team's expertise
- Projects that are ambitious enough to occupy and challenge 100 campers and 20+ staff members for approximately 50 hours
- Projects that take advantage of Beam's facilities, community, landscape and rural setting
- Projects that use a range of materials, processes and techniques
- Projects that allow us to create the majority of the components onsite and from scratch