The SOLO Award 2016 - Call for entries now open!
Prize: Solo exhibition at London Art Fair 2017 + £2000 cash
Deadline for applications: 12pm midday 18 April 2016
Open to UK and International artists of any age, working in any medium
Application fee: £25 GBP
APPLY NOW: http://www.wilsonwilliamsgallery.com/solo-2016.html
The SOLO Award is an annual contemporary art prize established by WW in 2012, which recognises independent thinking, going it alone and taking risks. It is open to artists of any age, working in any medium. The winner receives a cash prize and a solo exhibition at the London Art Fair. 2016 sees the prize money doubled and the award open to international artists for the first time. The 2016 call for entries officially launches at the London Art Fair on 19th January 2016 and simultaneously online.
The selection panel looks for artists who are not afraid to stand out from the crowd, artists with the strength and foresight to buck the trend and create work that is truly avant-garde. With a focus that stretches further than new graduates, the SOLO Award recognises that artists can be producing outstanding work at any age and any stage of their career and therefore welcomes submissions from anyone aged 18 - 108.
Each year, the SOLO Award invites a fresh, independent panel of art world professionals to choose their winner. Previous judges have included: Danielle Arnaud, Fedja Klikovac, Sarah Monk, Kate Brindley, Cherry Smyth, Lisa Milroy, Alison Wilding, Charlotte Mullins, Ceri Hand, Gill Saunders, Sheila McGregor, Helen Sumpter, Kate Davis, Deb Covell.
2016 Selection Panel
Gordon Cheung (Painter)
Francesco Pantaleone (Director FPAC, Palermo)
Sarah Monk (Director London Art Fair)
Chiara Williams (chair) (Director WW Contemporary Art)
- The SOLO Award is open to artists working in any medium, at any stage in their career, aged 18 or over, of all nationalities, residing in any country; artist collaborations are also eligible.
- Application is via an online form and a maximum of 5 images or video/audio links.
- There is no set theme; work should be representative of your practice or process. Media can include painting, sculpture, installation, performance, video, audio, drawing, collage, printmaking, digital, photography, mixed media, have we missed anything? That too. There is no size restriction on works.
- In the June - November period, the winning artist is expected to develop upon their existing/submitted work to create new content in preparation for their SOLO exhibition at the London Art Fair in the following January.
- A full list of Guidelines, Eligibility, FAQs, and Terms & Conditions can be found here.
- Questions relating to the SOLO Award should only be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or they will not be answered.
Helpline: +44 (0)7519646508
Exhibition address & dates:
The winner of the 2016 SOLO Award will be presented at the London Art Fair 18-22 January 2017 at the Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London N1 0QH, UK
Twitter: https://twitter.com/WWGallery #SOLOAward
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chiara_williams/ #SOLOAward