Visual AIDS invites you to participate in our 17th Annual Postcards from the Edge benefit.
Deadline: December 8, 2014
Host Gallery: Luhring Augustine
Preview Party: Friday, February 6, 2015, 6-8 PM
Benefit Sale: February 7-8, 2015
Postcards from the Edge is a unique benefit show and sale of original, postcard-size artworks on paper by established and emerging artists. All artwork is exhibited anonymously, and the identity of the artist is revealed only after the work is purchased. Proceeds benefit Visual AIDS.
Here’s how to participate:
1. Create an original artwork on any 4x6” heavy weight paper or canvas.* Drawings, photographs, paintings, printmaking, and mixed media are welcome. ONE ENTRY per artist.
2. Sign and Print Name on BACK ONLY. Also, indicate the top with an arrow.
3. Complete Submission Forms for Collector and Visual AIDS.
4. Carefully package artwork. Recommended: wrap artwork in wax paper and place between cardboard. Do not submit charcoal or pastel pieces without fixing them. Do not wrap wet or sticky artwork.
5. If you need confirmation that we received your artwork, include a self-addressed, stamped postcard.
6. If you would like your unsold work returned, please include a 6”x 9” self-addressed, stamped envelope with proper postage. Unsold artwork will NOT be returned unless an SASE is enclosed. Visual AIDS is not responsible for artwork lost or damaged in the mail.
7. Mail your artwork and forms by POSTMARK DEADLINE Monday, December 8, 2014 to: Visual AIDS, 526 West 26th Street, #510, New York, NY 10001
We appreciate your generous donation of artwork. Postcards from the Edge requires months of preparation, processing and hard work to make it a success. There is no entry fee, however you can help cover overhead cost and make this event even better by making a donation with your artwork submission. Every dollar helps and all donations are appreciated!
All participating artists are invited to attend the Preview Party for FREE, additional guests can purchase
admission at the door. The Preview Party is the only chance to view the complete exhibition. Guests receive a list of all participating artists, however they do not know who created which piece. Artists’ names are only revealed after purchase. The Benefit Sale is first come, first served, all works are sold for $85 each. The artwork is removed from the wall as soon as it is purchased. After the event, artists requesting return of unsold work or information about the collector of her/his artwork will receive notice in 4-6 weeks.
Visual AIDS utilizes art to fight AIDS by provoking dialogue, supporting HIV+ artists and preserving a legacy – because AIDS IS NOT OVER. For examples of our work and more information, visit www.visualAIDS.org.
Thank you in advance for your generosity and support. Please spread the word and invite other artists and friends.
*We are grateful to Canson US for their donation of 4x6” watercolor sheets, now available to artists at
the Visual AIDS office. Please note that artists are welcome to create artwork on any 4x6” paper or material of their choice.