Digital Fabrication Residency
Deadline: September 1, 2014
Application fee: $15
The Digital Fabrication Residency is a hands-on online intensive incubator for visual artists, designers and creatives with the desire to incorporate digital fabrication into their work to achieve highly specialized production for individual projects and public art commissions. The residency utilizes online collaborative tools to enable learning; consultation and idea development catered to the individual project needs of participants. This is an opportunity for artists, designers and creatives to engage in building and expanding their knowledge of digital tools, learn resources, exclusive workflows, and directly connect with other professionals in curatorial fields, related organizations, fabrication specialists, and innovators in 'making'.
The Digital Fabrication Residency helps visual artists, designers and creatives reach real-world results with feasible workflows that will enhance not only the physical output of creativity but also gain a competitive edge with project visualization tools for future RFP's and professional opportunities that represent professional level presentation in today's art and design fields.
- The residency will include online group discussions, visiting speakers and workshops all utilizing interactive technologies readily available in today's global workplace.
- Real face-to-face time online with other residents, mentors and special guest speakers.
- The Digital Fabrication Residency is designed to work with your busy schedule.
- Using your smart device or computer connected to high-speed internet, you are connected to an incubator that will change your ideas about making.
- Professional level software workflows cover designing, modeling, engineering parts, file preparation, locating CNC related services and insider tips on professional level services providers for machine output.
- Each resident has the opportunity to submit up to 5 files to be 3D printed as part of the residency. *
- Learn about how to integrate innovative fabrication processes such as CNC milling, lasers, 3D printing, digital embroidery, textile printing, and electronics into your projects.
Be part of the BETA group with this pioneering model for residency exchange and gain experience with dedicated professional artists, fabricators and industry professionals at the forefront and dedicated to the digital craft of making.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2014 11:59 pm
Fall Full Session (3 months): September 15,2014 - December 5, 2014
Fall Part 1 (6 Week Session): September 15, 2014 - October 24, 2014
Fall Part 2 (6 Week Session): November 3, 2014 - December 12, 2014
To learn more about the Digital Fabrication Residency visit www.digitalfabricationresidency.com
To apply to the Digital Fabrication Residency visit www.digitalfabricationresidency.com/apply/
* Terms and conditions apply.