Lower East Side Printshop Studio Internship Program
Summer Semester (June - August)
Application deadline: March 1, 2015
LESP is a premier non-profit New York City printmaking studio supporting contemporary artists of all career and artistic backgrounds in creation of new work. Interns are involved in all aspects of maintaining the vibrant studios. Programs include artist residencies, fine art publishing, classes, exhibitions, talks, and special events. Participating artists include some of today's most acclaimed artists.
The Printshop's internships offer opportunities to learn and hone printmaking skills, gain collaborating experience, meet exciting artists and art professionals, learn about contemporary art, get an insider's perspective on the New York City contemporary art community, and help produce new artwork that often pushes the boundaries of traditional printmaking.
Interns can receive school credit or free studio time in exchange for their donated time!
* Assisting printers with new print projects for resident artists and contract jobs
* Preparing and organizing materials for classes and other programs in the studio
* Assisting staff with presenting public exhibitions and other special events
* Maintaining the studios and facilities
* Light administrative tasks
* Basic skills or a demonstrable interest in printmaking and contemporary art
* Regular attendance and commitment to the program
Summer Semester (June - August), two days per week, Monday - Friday, 10am-6pm. Consecutive days are preferred, however we are willing to work around scheduling conflicts.
* Letter of intent explaining why an internship at the Printshop is important to you and what experience you would bring to the position. Please also state which weekdays you might be available to work.
* Current resume of work experience
* One letter of reference
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Internship Application," or send materials to Lower East Side Printshop, 306 West 37th St., 6th floor, New York, NY 10018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 1
Lower East Side Printshop
306 W. 37th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10018