Lower East Side Printshop Studio Internship Program
Spring Semester (January - May)
Application deadline: November 15, 2015
LESP is a premier non-profit New York City printmaking studio supporting contemporary artists of all career and artistic backgrounds in the creation of new work. Programs include artist residencies, fine art publishing, classes, exhibitions, talks, and special events such as a major print fair. Participating artists include some of today's most acclaimed artists.
The Printshop's internships offer opportunities to learn and hone printmaking skills, gain collaborating experience, meet exciting artists and art professionals, learn about contemporary art, get an insider's perspective on the New York City contemporary art community, help produce new artwork that often pushes the boundaries of traditional printmaking, and assist with all other programs as needed.
Interns can receive school credit or free studio time in exchange for their donated time!
* Assisting printers with new print projects for resident artists and contract jobs
* Preparing and organizing materials for classes and other programs in the studio
* Assisting staff with presenting public exhibitions and other special events
* Maintaining the studios and facilities
* Light administrative tasks
* Basic skills or a demonstrable interest in printmaking and contemporary art
* Regular attendance and commitment to the program
Spring Semester (January - May), two days per week, Monday - Friday, 10am-6pm. Consecutive days are preferred, however we are willing to work around scheduling conflicts.
* Letter of intent explaining why an internship at the Printshop is important to you and what experience you would bring to the position. Please also state which weekdays you might be available to work.
* Current resume of work experience
* One letter of reference
Please email applications to email@example.com with the subject line "Internship Application"
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 15
Lower East Side Printshop
306 West 37th Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Lower East Side Printshop's programs have been supported in part by public funds from the National Endowment for the Arts, New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council. Private supporters have included: Lily Auchincloss Foundation, Milton and Sally Avery Arts Foundation, Jerome Foundation, Emily Hall Tremaine Foundation, New York Community Trust, and PECO Foundation.
We thank our volunteers, friends, members, and patrons for their dedication, support, and generosity.