IPCNY New Prints 2014/Autumn
Deadline: September 15, 2014
Application fee: none
CALL FOR ENTRIES
DEADLINE: 11:59 PM, Monday, September 15, 2014
New Prints 2014/Autumn
Exhibition Begins: October 25, 2014
Opening Reception: Thursday, November 6, 2014
Visit www.ipcny.org/apply to apply online now! Please apply early to avoid technical problems due to volume. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. The deadline is 11:59 PM, Monday, September 15, 2014.
In keeping with our mission to promote the greater appreciation and understanding of the fine art print, IPCNY presents a selection of new prints several times per year. New Prints 2014/Autumn will be the 49th New Prints Exhibition. The show will be selected by Nicola López, an artist and printmaker who lives and works in Brooklyn, NY and teaches at Columbia University.
Criteria for selection:
- Only original fine art (limited edition and unique) prints are eligible; reproductions of other artwork such as drawings or paintings are not acceptable. Videos, installations and other projects using printmaking as a major component are acceptable.
- Selections will represent a broad diversity of sources, geographical and otherwise.
- Prints must have been completed within a year of the submission deadline.
There is no entry fee. Independent artists, workshops, publishers and dealers are all welcome to submit recently completed print projects. Please refer to the Submission Guidelines below. All artists whose work has been selected will be notified by email. If you have not received word by October, please check our website homepage for a list of artists. Please do not call.
Artists and publishers whose work has been selected will be responsible for the framing and delivery of work to IPCNY by October 17, 2014. IPCNY will cover the return cost of delivery within reason (up to $100).
If you would prefer to apply by mail, please see submission guidelines below for instructions. Mail to: International Print Center New York, New Prints Program, 508 West 26th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
Materials must be received by September 15, 2014.
Send images in digital format on a CD (no DVDs) labeled with the submitter's name.
DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL ARTWORK, ENCLOSE BINDERS, FOLDERS, OR ANY MATERIALS OTHER THAN CD AND IMAGE LIST. A maximum of five works per artist is allowed, with one image and one optional detail per work. There is no size limit.
- Images must be clear, professionally presented, and accurately represent the work.
- Images must be in jpeg format, the largest dimension (length or width) at 1200 pixels.
- Image resolution at 72 dpi.
- Name each image as follows: artist's last name_first name_entry number.
(For example: smith_john_01.jpg, smith_john_02.jpg, etc)
All submissions must contain an image list, included as a word document or plain text document on the CD, as well as a hard copy printout.
List should be created as follows:
- Title the document file: artist last_artist first.doc
- The list must be headed with the name of the submitter and complete contact information: address, phone number and email address. Publishers, please include a new form for each artist submitted.
- Each list entry should be numbered corresponding to the number on the digital images. The list should include: Entry number, artist's name (first, last), title, date completed, medium, edition size, dimensions: (Height x Length in inches) plate size, paper size, printer, publisher.
Cat Song, 2014
Lithograph with chine collé. Edition: 25
Plate: 25" x 25", Paper: 30" x 30"
Printed by Editions, Inc.
Published by the artist